Giorgio A. V.
Color of eyes
Color of eyes only remote,
your street and number, on blank note,
I hold your love in drops of rain,
that fall like tears - stains to remain.
Some lines of solitude in verse,
like falling raindrops they disperse;
and with decreasing light tangle;
inside my voice, they dusk-wrangle;
Marginal song on Strymon brinks
next to the Thracian mountain streams,
two Aves become smiling stars,
that blink beyond distance's bars.
Anchorite path the Strymon's flow
the foliage dither, thoughts vow,
The Titans' carved, this mountain ring
worn for one day of skyward Spring.
And each smile flows like rain on blooms
on Thracian road, and Aves' flumes.
the two stars shine on skyward fare,
Celestial eyes that wait and stare.
Giorgio A. V.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Color of eyes by Giorgio A. V. )
- Moments That Never Were, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- TREASURE ISLAND: Overall Statistics, Frank Avon
- Poet's mind, hasmukh amathalal
- Senses Flavorful Sounds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Behind everything, SALINI NAIR
- Fall Leaves, Leonard Dabydeen
- Rinsed Clean, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Creating Photos, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If I Should Die Some Tuesday..., Frank Avon
- Transformed womaniser, Kwalo Voro
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- 1861, Walt Whitman
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
((13 March 1941 – 9 August 2008)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)