My muse is my own befuddled mind.
My goading is the respite from the daily grind
Confabulations, contorting the truth of my life,
to form a mosaic, a jigsaw puzzle
with loose parts to fit right.
I am not a good observer,
Eyes staring, reveling in daydreams
World see through, details conjured by me.
I am not a good listener,
Teller is my mirror, reflecting myself.
I do not empathize, they are my own agonies.
My grey cells do not focus well,
My attention wanders.
What is it that I seek?
Day long as I nuzzle and cradle my thoughts.
Am I narcissistic? Am I a liar?
Weaving and penning lies on paper,
As hearing my voice is a rarity,
not voluble, but indulge in soliloquy, as
words stare at me from enchanted ceiling.
In the midst of washing dishes,
in the midst of restless nights,
I need to take a flight, as I am compelled to write,
To touch the cold metal of my pen bleeding ink,
to bleed on paper what I think.
Akshaya Pawasker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Confessions by Akshaya Pawasker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case
- I don't know if I know me, Logan Fulk
- Frustration, courtney metcalf
- WE ARE HERE, Christina Sunrise
- Your love, Mark Heathcote
- Love In A Bottle, Midnights Voice
- Oh Mediterranean sea, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Ramblings of Devils Workshop, Nalini Chaturvedi