Cove Bay Narcissist
I broke the hotel mirror,
and worried and worried,
while we tinkered over that
I'm going to use a slate in future!
Until God threw black ink
out into the sky,
and I jumped up - grabbed my camera,
Oh! seven years!
who cares - my whole existence is crap,
and so much failure!
Then I was crying in the toilet,
and shitting at the same time...
the truth is out there somewhere?
but the ink spread fast,
like kids black paint in water,
and then I missed it all
and cried again,
wondering if I should visit
tell them why I did it!
my whole self image went
crashing to the floor,
Drink the demon,
for i couldn't stand
the ego, the reasons I've failed,
and all the people I've let down...
ah! shit, this is it!
and I want the small world,
i live in, to know that!
GRANT FRASER's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cove Bay Narcissist by GRANT FRASER )
- Your works can't stand up, Brian Kilpatrick
- neverending, Steven Federle
- WHO IS HE?, Ali Faisal
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ동대문오피녀 ⓑ선릉오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, sibngnu11 sibngnu11
- L.Messi 오피뷰 동대문오피 KTwiz 선릉오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM.., sibngnu11 sibngnu11
- L.Messi 오피뷰 강서오피 KTwiz 부산오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., sibngnu11 sibngnu11
- VALUE OF LIFE, Ali Faisal
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ강서오피녀 ⓑ부산오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, sibngnu11 sibngnu11
- for a friend who had gone cold one summer, RIC S. BASTASA
- a journey away from words, RIC S. BASTASA
Poem of the Day
- Ur Turn Now?, Najma Mire
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- " To His Fairest Valentine Mrs. A. L., Richard Lovelace
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)