Don't turn around
echoes - never stop!
but you do,
every second splits,
hurdles over you,
dump the past,
ahead of time,
did or didn't do,
doesn't get you
Bricks & bars,
gaoler of hearts,
are 'words' the sentence?
so many for an idiot,
but when your in love
with what you haven't
got - it feels better...
oh! rustic whims,
you know when I get out,
I'm gone! !
rocky caverns, puddles
asleep in the night,
or whenever some amazing
coloured sky manoeuvres in,
momentarily the simple
things amount to so much
items sucked out of proportion
strewn along wispy sands,
the shape of a former soul!
who stood where, I don't know,
along some distant shore...
and here I am, my own message,
bobbing up and down in
the world day,
what's to say...the message...
I lost my point, long ago,
on old paper,
from digging in too hard,
veritable hearts get scratched...
GRANT FRASER's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ocean Glass by GRANT FRASER )
- Lovely and dear, hasmukh amathalal
- Happy Moments Matter, Rohit Sapra
- When my love states that she is futile..., Saheb Mohapatra
- Sink and feel, SALINI NAIR
- Birthday Years, Greta Bellamacina
- When Hope Becomes A Prayer, Savita Tyagi
- So the Ancients say...., Savita Tyagi
- Thank and wish, hasmukh amathalal
- Goodbye The Day, Pijush Biswas
- ~Oneness ~, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)