Don't turn around
echoes - never stop!
but you do,
every second splits,
hurdles over you,
dump the past,
ahead of time,
did or didn't do,
doesn't get you
Bricks & bars,
gaoler of hearts,
are 'words' the sentence?
so many for an idiot,
but when your in love
with what you haven't
got - it feels better...
oh! rustic whims,
you know when I get out,
I'm gone! !
rocky caverns, puddles
asleep in the night,
or whenever some amazing
coloured sky manoeuvres in,
momentarily the simple
things amount to so much
items sucked out of proportion
strewn along wispy sands,
the shape of a former soul!
who stood where, I don't know,
along some distant shore...
and here I am, my own message,
bobbing up and down in
the world day,
what's to say...the message...
I lost my point, long ago,
on old paper,
from digging in too hard,
veritable hearts get scratched...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ocean Glass by GRANT FRASER )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- WATER MUSIC, I. _ ['Musiche sull'Acqua'.., Fabrizio Frosini
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- My other half, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bird's View - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- motherly love, Candymarie Nevin
- Random Thought, fletcher maddern
- Still Awake 2, Michael P. McParland
- Esprit de corps, Naveed Khalid
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak