(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
Be not depressed. Depression, is the thief of happiness.
Like all thieves', he must be combated and defeated.
Like all thieves', depression must be fought with great
vigor and resolve.
Depression, the dark cloak of reason, that blocks most
rational thought and any chance of happiness.
Depression, an emotional straight jacket, confining the
depressed to an infusion of negativity and haplessness.
Depression, withdrawal of social interaction and an
elongated state of sadness.
Depression, a disease that like a cancer, eats away
at your very being.
Depression, a desperate battle between living...and
Depression, an enemy, that one must seek help
to do battle with.
Do not stand ideally by, for depression, will steal your
The enemies of depression, are social interaction, happiness, love, understanding and seeking medication or help in some form. DO IT!
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Depression by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
- Bounty of giving, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.50, Monk E. Biz
- The hunter's trap شرك الصياد - للشاعر ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tears of Eyes Speak The Truth, Rohit Sapra
- Goose bumps / song, Mark Heathcote
- The Chameleon, Sir Toby
- A game of Love, Sir Toby
- As I would like to grow old (to my Mother), Gianfranco Aurilio
- The StrongMan's Lethal, Sir Toby
- My answer that will stand for Nation, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow