Depth Of The Horror
...Here on this blood-soaked ground...
Lay the screaming skulls, and rotting carnage.
Those tongueless mouths, and maggot filled corpses.
Everything is Hell upon this bogged ground...
...Blood flecked skies, know the incident...
Rusted armour and obsolete weaponry.
Screaming and crying the over silenced blood and bones.
A harsh sight of this destruction...
...Disgust and revulsion...
The foul smell of death, with piles of captured 'trophies'
Heads of conquered kings.
Decaying bodies riddled with base creatures.
Flies and bugs devouring the slight.
These cannibalistic survivours consuming the deceased...
...'Blood has been spilled this night'...
Countless slashed carcasses laying asunder.
Drenching sight of horror, fills the scope...
One has been watching their last moments.
The Cold Black has watched... atop forgotten heights...
Morgan Siegel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Depth Of The Horror by Morgan Siegel )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath