First impressions can be deceived.
Free from worry and stress, enclosed in confusion.
The head of a child, the body of an adult.
Perfect, cried the mind.
It was destined to happen.
For water and fire to combine.
If only the thinkers could imagine it.
A gift so precious and delicate.
Such things are cherished, even worshipped.
Unwavering patience, had to practice.
Experience every moment as a lifetime.
But deceived by the gift.
For all its splendor had blinded.
No longer was it a gift, a knife instead.
A knife embedded in the dream.
A Dream shattered, water evaporated.
A gift no more than a plague.
Darkness spreads from my heart.
Once more the universe is out of balance.
For I am one, alone.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Elemental by Jordan Wenman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- last day, Ewa Busayourmi
- Some soft feelings, Lalitha Narayanan
- Bonfire, Naveed Khalid
- A Friend's Promise, diana rose tolentino
- A poem-letter to my friends..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- In the summer..., Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Melbs, David McLean Mathews
- At Somnolence's Border, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- naam, anikesh wats
- show me how a comet showers, Mandolyn ...