A Friend (The Valentine's Day Poem)
A friend to light a candle
When darkness overcomes.
A friend to hold you closer
When distant thunder drums.
A friend to gently tie you
When sirens sing your name.
A friend with words to soothe you
When life's a losing game.
A friend to cool your passions
When passions take their hold.
A friend to warm you gently
When a frozen heart's too cold.
A friend to spread contentment
As seasons wax and wane,
Make sense of love's confusion,
And bear life's grief and pain.
A friend who knows this season
Of love; both yours and mine.
A friend, another reason,
To send this Valentine.
GREENWOLFE 1962's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Friend (The Valentine's Day Poem) by GREENWOLFE 1962 )
- Shadow Chase, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Love and True love, Tilde Sauffaus
- On - that note, sEaN nOrTh
- In The Quiet Of The Night, Clive Blake
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #8, Brian Johnston
- Old Drunk's Advice to an Anxious Beau, Donal Mahoney
- TWAILE! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Mother, Tamara Dunn
- Autumn, Mark Hamilton
- J.Bast, I try your face... - translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns