A Friend (The Valentine's Day Poem)
A friend to light a candle
When darkness overcomes.
A friend to hold you closer
When distant thunder drums.
A friend to gently tie you
When sirens sing your name.
A friend with words to soothe you
When life's a losing game.
A friend to cool your passions
When passions take their hold.
A friend to warm you gently
When a frozen heart's too cold.
A friend to spread contentment
As seasons wax and wane,
Make sense of love's confusion,
And bear life's grief and pain.
A friend who knows this season
Of love; both yours and mine.
A friend, another reason,
To send this Valentine.
GREENWOLFE 1962's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Friend (The Valentine's Day Poem) by GREENWOLFE 1962 )
- Blind, Blind, Naveed Khalid
- A ripple's life, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- What is this world of ours ماهذا العالم .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sinners الاثمون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Touch-me-not, Naveed Khalid
- The Sword and the Plowshare, John F. McCullagh
- On the road a Recovery Poem, jeff newnham
- Sinners, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- An Image Of An Old House, Yohan Confectioner
- Autumn Equinox, Jacqueline Nash
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(3 March 1878 - 9 April 1917)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)