Joseph S. Josephides
Europe May Not Fall From The Bull
Hoping Europe May Not Fall Down From The Bull
1. Did wars end in the Duchy? How and when?
The castles became banks and they bomb with debts,
toxic loans, memoranda; here is a new era of peace!
Early morning instead of a cock I heard a fall from high,
I saw a body torn in pieces, intestines, teeth, a clock.
'Shame! A suicide is an echo pollution', all commented.
Authorities of Miletus were exposing in public naked
the girls who jumped feeling boredom but survived.
Who survives falling from the sixtieth floor of a bank?
2. Manniken Pis* is criticized that urinates publicly
causing the judge of the Hall of Justice to slip down,
causing Marx to twist his foot in the Golden Square,
the limousine of Queen Astrid to slid and overturn.
Βut Pis urinates wishing to wither the nettle of Ego,
whilst Europe is irrigating plains of various nettles
but fails to unlock the doors with her flattened keys.
3. I was grown in the street, now Ι find food in the trash,
a fetus from abortion in a tin. While Spring is booming
it predicts its final fall, letting Fall to promise a new life.
Surrounded by a thousand I still feel lonely, like you,
individual joy dies alone and even very young, so
I’ll make my enemy be friend, my friend a closer friend
hoping that Europe may not fall down from the bull.
Joseph S. Josephides's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
* Manniken Pis: statue of a little boy urinating; it became the symbol of Brussels
Comments about this poem (Europe May Not Fall From The Bull by Joseph S. Josephides )
- Underpants, Phil Soar
- fastest ever runner, lee fones
- Vespers, Naveed Khalid
- A Walk In The Twilight, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Morning, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love, Naveed Khalid
- Puppetry, Naveed Khalid
- The Nebbish's Flash of Insight, Lawrence Beck
- Incorporeal, Naveed Khalid
- LIFE IS CLOUDY, BUT THERE WILL BE NO RAI.., MOHAMMAD SKATI