Life is handing out straws
Why does mine always seem like the shortest
I try to jot down, what is most important
Note that, Note this.
But the fact is, words without action
Is packin nothin but talk
That's about withstanding as chalk
So if I can't always make sense of it all
At least give me the strength to stand up when I fall
Then one day, I was told to lose myself
Till one day, I actually did-
And that shit didn't help.
But no one ever noticed it one bit
To everyone, I was the exact same kid
But really, on the inside I was on a slope about to skid
So tell me, please, am I to freeze?
Or am I just to melt?
Please just let something happen
Cause right now all I do is yelp for help
To no evale
I'm like a falling tree in the forest
When no one is around
Shit, quick, here comes the chorus
My words are said.
But did I even make a sound?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fallen Tree by Jared Bradford )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Family, Wullien Thang
- In The Deep Shade Of Luscious Cherry Lan.., mary douglas
- To Inscribe A New Poem, Ali Faisal
- In The Looking Glass, It Began To Snow, mary douglas
- Anchor Your Stained Glass Shadows In The.., mary douglas
- Over a bug;, george albot
- On Her Wintry Planet, At The Close Of Day, mary douglas
- Losing The Blue Madonna To The Skies, mary douglas
- WHO IS THIS BEAST YOUR RIDING >>&g.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Incredible Pink Playhouse, mary douglas