Finalized Past and Future
I caught myself thinking about you.
I shuddered and I then realized.
There must be something about you
That was left over and now I agonize.
Come Sunday caught me in frustration.
Come Tuesday and I just let it run away.
Then on Thursday came a certain confirmation.
That the end had come and you had your way.
Now the bus
made in seconds flat.
Now the gasping
All my seconds
are quickly spent.
Now no way to go
up in smoke.
just a joke.
All my memories
you take away.
Now no where to go.
And oh what a loving feeling
Now no way to go
And of that living giving
Now no where to go
Hard to swallow your dreams this way.
Scrap all of your plans made for future days
And you say,
Just make up your step
And turn and disappear.
You can break that seal
You can and you will.
Midnights Voice's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Finalized Past and Future by Midnights Voice )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Success is Counted Sweetest, Emily Dickinson
- Refugee Blues, WH Auden
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Rarefied, Edward Kofi Louis
- Regarding Way, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Spice Up My Little Life, Margaret Alice Second
- Pain, gajanan mishra
- Shippi, Edward Kofi Louis
- Occurrence, Edward Kofi Louis
- Mattter Out of Control, Panmelys
- [~s05e17~]Watch Pretty Little Liars Seas.., Renz Barns
- 100- - 1- - .00001, douglas scotney
- Venereal, Edward Kofi Louis