Finalized Past and Future
I caught myself thinking about you.
I shuddered and I then realized.
There must be something about you
That was left over and now I agonize.
Come Sunday caught me in frustration.
Come Tuesday and I just let it run away.
Then on Thursday came a certain confirmation.
That the end had come and you had your way.
Now the bus
made in seconds flat.
Now the gasping
All my seconds
are quickly spent.
Now no way to go
up in smoke.
just a joke.
All my memories
you take away.
Now no where to go.
And oh what a loving feeling
Now no way to go
And of that living giving
Now no where to go
Hard to swallow your dreams this way.
Scrap all of your plans made for future days
And you say,
Just make up your step
And turn and disappear.
You can break that seal
You can and you will.
Midnights Voice's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Finalized Past and Future by Midnights Voice )
Did you read them?
- My Labour and Thy Favour, Aftab Alam
- I am Young, Aftab Alam
- My Breakfast, Tony Adah
- Idiotic bribery, SALINI NAIR
- Imaginational Avenues, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- SONS WHO SILENTLY CHANGE HISTORY, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- FRAGRANCE, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- lost to me, Edan Oliver
- An Open - Ended Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- JANE SAYS., Terry Collett
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- About motherland by Rasul Gamzatov, Yuri Starostin
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(1886 - 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)