(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
For The Love Of My Life
You are the Pain and the joy
on the stage of life.
You are the pain hunger and the joy
of food on ones table.
You are the pain of the homeless,
and the joy, of the home,
in His heart.
You are the pain on a bitter,
winter day and the joy, in
the warmth of the sun.
You are the pain and joy, in the
solitude, of those moments alone.
You are the pain and joy, that
lingers in ones heart.
You are the pain in music that is bad,
and you are the joy, in my song
You are the pain, in the tragedies
of the world, and the joy in the
goodness of people.
You are the pain of the orphans of
the street, and the joy, in a
You are the pain, in a sometime unjust
world, and the joy in the spirit
of ones heart.
You are the pain, in the loss of
loved ones, and the joy, when they
are seated at His table.
You are the pain of self destructive
addiction and the joy in redemption.
You are the pain, in the sicknesses of
this world, and the joy in the
hope of recovery.
You are the pain in the misery of the poor,
and disenfranchise, and the joy, in
the parts of society, that attempts to,
raise them up.
You are the pain and you are the joy,
in all things. For you see, in life, there
can not be joy...unless there is pain.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For The Love Of My Life by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- दंङ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Internet Poets, Without Pen & Paper & Th.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Suicide Works, C Jay Caputo
- The CPI(M) Should Not Talk of Himan Rig.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rain Cries Zeiden, Ghost Kitty
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston