That's Gramma's first cousin,
Three times removed.
That's the big house,
Where he lived in one room.
This picture shows Grampa,
When he was small.
I can't quite remember
My grandpa at all.
But I do remember
Mom's sister, Bell.
She was a mean one,
She'd holler and yell!
The man in the buggy,
Neighbor man, Joe,
Never speaks to us kids,
Calls his horse Flo.
My mom was a teacher,
In a small school,
I think her clothes and
Her hair cut are cool!
My Dad is good looking.
He likes my mom.
This is a picture
Of their high school prom!
Don't you just love it,
To look at a book,
With all the old photos
That somebody took!
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Genealogy by Connie Yost )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Tune Metallic, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Don't Say Goodbye, Michael P. McParland
- Enough With the Socks, Babbling Brookes
- Don't Like It?, Michael P. McParland
- Domestic Dreams, Michael P. McParland
- Delicately, Michael P. McParland
- DANCING COLOURS OF POWER, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Till My End, Michael P. McParland
- A Frozen Soldier, Raymond A. Foss
- Three Sides To Every Story, Michael P. McParland