too much time. just enough experience to go absolutely berserk.
I have had enough time and done enough time to make anybody weep.
my seed spread all through out the land.
my bar days. whore days, actor days reduced to nothing.
all that experience.
all that torture
all the endurance reduced to nothingness.
the other day a nice young black women who works security at the coffee shop I frequent informed me that that she sees me rounding the corner every day to get my coffee. she said she can predict my every movement.
she said it was a good thing.
I I don't know.
now I have to see if that truck out side my house which isn't really mine; is gonna tow my car.
why would they do that? maybe its because I am there. because my car is there.
shit; I think I better grab my baseball bat.
matt fromm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gettin soft by matt fromm )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh