too much time. just enough experience to go absolutely berserk.
I have had enough time and done enough time to make anybody weep.
my seed spread all through out the land.
my bar days. whore days, actor days reduced to nothing.
all that experience.
all that torture
all the endurance reduced to nothingness.
the other day a nice young black women who works security at the coffee shop I frequent informed me that that she sees me rounding the corner every day to get my coffee. she said she can predict my every movement.
she said it was a good thing.
I I don't know.
now I have to see if that truck out side my house which isn't really mine; is gonna tow my car.
why would they do that? maybe its because I am there. because my car is there.
shit; I think I better grab my baseball bat.
matt fromm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gettin soft by matt fromm )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Unravelling / Shock, Nathaniel Tarn
- What you feel, gajanan mishra
- The last indulgence, Piyush Dey
- what you do, gajanan mishra
- And get everything, gajanan mishra
- The Workforce, James Tate
- To Join You, Edward Kofi Louis
- The real wasteland, Peter Hall
- Known In This Town, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Veil, Peter Hall