Good-bye: Soldier Poem
It wasn’t that long ago,
When I saw you every day.
Whenever I looked at you,
Inspiration came my way.
It was the worst day of my life,
When you told me you had to go.
Tears rolled softly down my cheeks,
My heart beat was ever so slow.
You were gone for weeks, months, and years,
Those memories will never fade away.
The times you called or wrote to me,
I looked forward to everyday.
That day that was once nice and sunny,
Turned out to be the worst day of my life,
The weather quickly became stormy,
It was like the whole world was in strife.
When the soldiers gave me the news,
Told me you were gone.
A part of me slowly died,
As I cried from dusk ‘till dawn.
We had given each other our love,
From the bottom of our hearts.
We were blessed with the gift of one another,
But now death did us part.
I’m having a baby girl,
One you’ll never get to know.
You’ll never see her smile or laugh,
Never watch her grow.
This child will never meet you,
She’ll never see you smile.
She’ll never experience having a father,
One to walk her down the aisle.
If a genie could grant me one thing in my life,
I’d know, hands down, that it would be this:
Before you, my beloved, had to go to God,
You said bye and gave me a kiss.
You did so much for our country,
For people from coast to coast.
But there`s one more thing I have to tell you,
One thing you need to know most:
My beloved, you`ll never know how much it means to me,
How much it fills me with pride,
To know my love cares so much about me,
That he risked his life…and died.
To all soldiers...
And RIP M.D.-We'll miss you! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Good-bye: Soldier Poem by Selina Marie )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Bring Them Up, Edward Kofi Louis
- Argument, Leslie Philibert
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -102, Ronjoy Brahma
- Dammim II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Welsh Patterns in English Tongue, Pamela
- Mysterious Night, Greta Wolzak
- Passing Lives, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The scholar, Angell Afinowi
- Visiting You Alone In A Field of Stone..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Reward, gajanan mishra