Remember little jack sprat.
Remember three little pigs.
Remember all those fairy tales
that seemed so real to us kids.
Remember mother goose.
Remember Cinderella going to the ball,
Remember the old lady in the shoe.
Remember Sleeping beauty eyes closed and all.
Remember growing up and out.
Remember getting rid of baby things.
Remember watching Disney.
And not singing Barney songs we used to sing.
Remember getting grow up.
Remember sleeping in big kid beds.
Remember ditching Barbie dolls,
and trying to flush their heads.
Remember going to Jr. High,
Remember how scary it seemed?
Remember getting used it,
But not to getting picked last on teams.
Remember when people had cliques,
Remember when you were not apart of one.
Remember when people started acting weird,
but with your friends you still had fun.
Remember eight-grade graduation,
Remember high school seeming tough
Remember the day you got there,
And it really wasn’t that rough.
Someday you’ll look back,
and remember doing this too.
It seems weird now but
But it depends on your attitude.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Growing up by Caitlyn Coble )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 March 1907 – 11 September 1987)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- winter festival, ademola oluwabusayo
- woman pride, ademola oluwabusayo
- For Her, M.J. Lemon
- I Broke My Leg, M.J. Lemon
- Get Together in NCCF Benue, Dare Onadele
- A Man Dying, M.J. Lemon
- Force Of Nature, R B Seals
- People I See Sometimes, Casey Renee Kiser
- The Song of My Heart, Amber Carr
- Tales Of A Wife: My Devil, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche