Christina Georgina Rossetti
Remember me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
Remember me when no more day by day
You tell me of our future that you plann'd:
Only remember me; you understand
It will be late to counsel then or pray.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
Better by far you should forget and smile
Than that you should remember and be sad.
Christina Georgina Rossetti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Remember by Christina Georgina Rossetti )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- WALKING SHADOWS, Satish Verma
- INTRIGUING, Satish Verma
- Magdalene Poem, John Taggart
- White days, interruption ("One Flew.., John Taggart
- The Magnet, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Not even a dream ("Deliverance"), John Taggart
- Time lapse ("Grey Gardens"), John Taggart
- from "Landscape with Light", John Taggart
- Inside Out, John Taggart
- PH: Limericks (Of Physics) : #1, Brian Johnston