The ghost whispers in the soild black night.
Filling my heart full of fright.
Yet giving me some uncanny delight.
I'm surrounded by things I don't understand.
Keeping the Haunted pleased, from thier demand.
Yet my once bright face turns wretched gray.
From the pain and hurt that stay every day.
Tonight I will start to fight.
I want to see the 'Oh so faithful' light.
Pain and hurt join in.
Creating anger into Wrath, a Seven Deadly Sin.
Hmm...I guess there is no way out.
And to this time I wanna shout! ! !
It's killing me love and pain.
With the Haunted's shame.
I guess now I will wait and rest in peace.
Now the laughter and joy will cease!
Desiree Bradford's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Haunted by Desiree Bradford )
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Will Love You Forever, I Love My Wife Forever
- '' Death Can't Be Undone '', bri mar
- English Words, V. K. Gokak
Poem of the Day
- I Miss You Intensely, Michael P. McParland
- By His name, hasmukh amathalal
- I Miss You 4, Michael P. McParland
- Dance of the Marionette, Raymond A. Foss
- I Miss You 3, Michael P. McParland
- windmill hill, lee fones
- I Miss You 2, Michael P. McParland
- My Daughter at 14, Christmas Dance, 1981, Maria Mazziotti Gillan
- I Miss You, Michael P. McParland
- Life at peril, hasmukh amathalal