Dedicated to Chelsea DeOre
We all have hope,
Whether it be mental or physical,
Matter cannot be created or destroyed,
What about physical hope?
We can see things,
But that is how we live.
We walk around on this earth,
Looking for hope,
Why look when you can find it when looking in the mirror;
In a mirror everything looks three dimensional,
But no one ever said that a mirror could put you in another world.
Mirrors show perspective,
We can look into them in many directions,
But we only can see each detail at once.
Only with a true imagination,
Hope can be seen anywhere,
Everybody else simply looks in the mirror.
For hours on end they can look into the glass,
But see naught but their own reflection staring right back at them.
But true, it is just a glass so why look?
Because we can see behind, to the left, to the right and in front of us,
No one can hide when in front of a mirror.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hope by Ben Borkan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- First Encounter, sheade rudman
- Changing Gears, Sandra Feldman
- IMAGES FROM MY CHILDHOOD, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Multiple Choice X, Morgan Michaels
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.37, Robert Graber
- hold me with both hands, Mandolyn ...
- Portrait Of A Woman, Buxton Shippy
- Visions Of The Song In Seven, P.D. Turner
- Tears for Oklahoma City, Roger A. Rose
- If there were no flowers, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK