RHEY W. HEDGES
I Am Surprised With Life
I AM SURPRISED WITH LIFE
I am surprised with life.
Surprised by a morning sun
that leaps into the sky
from the mountains Darker side.
Surprised by unbidden thoughts
that burst with brightness
into a Mind I call my own.
Surprised by inner feelings
that rise – and fall – and pound
like waves upon some mystic shore.
Surprised by universal rhyme,
a circled rise and fall with time;
rhythm energies that bend
in time to rise and fall again.
Surprised to see
in you and me,
this endless flowing energy;
in cycle motion, encircled time,
an endless curving curvéd line.
For in the end there is no end,
we rise and fall then RISE AGAIN,
WITH CHANGING FORM
but dying never,
life goes on... AND ON ... forever
I am surprised!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Rhey W. Hedges, January 5,1962
RHEY W. HEDGES's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am Surprised With Life by RHEY W. HEDGES )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Really very unique..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- leave me your hands so i can learn how t.., Mandolyn Davidson
- Open Windows, Lilly Emery
- The Captor Paragon, johnny case
- The Melody Of The Wind, Dennis Lange
- Lesbian Bisexuals, Richard Thripp
- MAN WHO WALKED ON WATER, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Love and Tears, Beach Girl
- Till Now, Cheryl Griffith
- shamely departed, kyvin nash