I roll out of bed and stare at the new day breaking,
I don't know what it's got - good or bad coming;
But then I smile.
Gloomy faces I see of everyone on the streets,
Depression has taken over'em, they've given in to defeat;
But still I smile.
I hit my feet against a rock and fall,
I dust myself and still stand up tall;
And then I smile.
Evil surrounds but I've got the peace of God inside of me,
Such that surpasses every knowledge and undesrtanding;
So I'll always smile.
Everyone else says there's a casting down,
But I say there's a lifting up, all is sound;
And I can smile.
Against the wish of evil, I smile.
To keep my path shining brighter and brighter, I smile.
To chase away the forces of sadness, I smile.
He's paid the price for me, I owe no debt, so I smile.
His thoughts for me are of good and not evil, so I smile.
All things work together for my good, so I smile.
In all of these things I am more than a conqueror, so I smile.
If God be for me who can be against me? so I smile.
All things pertaining to life and godliness has been given to me, so I smile.
I'm seated with Him in heavenly places, so I smile.
As He is in heaven so am I here on earth, so I smile.
There is therefore now no condemnation for me, so I smile.
The joy of the Lord is my strength, so I smile.
I am the righteousness of God in Christ, so I smile.
With God all things are possible, so I smile.
I am fearfully and wonderfully made, so I smile.
I am created in the image and likeness of God, so I smile.
I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me, so I smile.
I KNOW WHO I AM, so I smile!
Stewart Gideon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Smile by Stewart Gideon )
- Filtrate, Akhtar Jawad
- I am gajananmishra, gajanan mishra
- Winter, Neela Nath
- How wonder, gajanan mishra
- Fortunate enough, hasmukh amathalal
- To Bob Whelan on Discussing Pablo Neruda, Bill Grace
- Intense drive, hasmukh amathalal
- My totality, gajanan mishra
- The Other Side Of The Story, mary douglas
- Journey end, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Cause And Effect, Charles Bukowski
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)