I've Come to be One who Cries
I've come to be one who cries when the plane the guys built in shop class on the TV
news is going to fly and everyone's there, parents, little kids, the teachers not even
dressed up, the mayor and the principal making speeches, the shop teacher saying
these are real fine boys, the guys standing around saying it's gonna crash, putting
their arms around girls and the teachers don't stop them, the band playing the school
song while the pilot gets in and checks everything out like you're supposed to, finally
kicks it over and taxies to the end of the runway with a drum roll and everybody
screaming already, and it goes off the line like a dragster and takes off! The band
starts 'Off we go, into the wild blue yonder' and the guys are slapping five and grabbing
girls and telling each other it flies! that piece of shit flies!
Eric Torgersen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I've Come to be One who Cries by Eric Torgersen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Birth is a, gajanan mishra
- A CROWN THURST UPON..., M.D Dinesh Nair
- Memory is basis of everything., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Just Like A Red Rose Appeared She The Fo.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Birth is not in its hand., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- After Meeting A Foreigner Girl, Bijay Kant Dubey
- At Last A Rose, Electric Lady
- Needs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Buffaloman Too A Chief Minister In B.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Purpose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak