In the kitchen window
the coleus I cut down to stumps
to make cuttings for friends
is spreading new leaves to the sun.
the light catches
rise from the new leaves;
red seeps into green
along the veins.
at the sun
and looks and looks and looks.
I would visit my friends
but feel troubled and shy.
Eric Torgersen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (New Leaves by Eric Torgersen )
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.1, Singleton M. Tate
- Here We Go Again, Dylon Cain
- Bitter Slave, S. I. Rednow
- The Pilot, S. I. Rednow
- Happy Times are Coming, michael hagwood
- Lest We Forget, S. I. Rednow
- For Years Now, Dylon Cain
- Christmas Spirit, S. I. Rednow
- After Three, S. I. Rednow
- Ambivolent Thanks, S. I. Rednow