In My Sky At Twilight
In my sky at twilight you are like a cloud
and your form and colour are the way I love them.
You are mine, mine, woman with sweet lips
and in your life my infinite dreams live.
The lamp of my soul dyes your feet,
the sour wine is sweeter on your lips,
oh reaper of my evening song,
how solitary dreams believe you to be mine!
You are mine, mine, I go shouting it to the afternoon's
wind, and the wind hauls on my widowed voice.
Huntress of the depth of my eyes, your plunder
stills your nocturnal regard as though it were water.
You are taken in the net of my music, my love,
and my nets of music are wide as the sky.
My soul is born on the shore of your eyes of mourning.
In your eyes of mourning the land of dreams begin.
Pablo Neruda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In My Sky At Twilight by Pablo Neruda )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Flowers Create a Bright World, Rohit Sapra
- Dinwi Anti-Racisim, Swrji Basumatary
- letter too Santa, lee fones
- Where are we, gajanan mishra
- Grow Up and Change!, Sandra Feldman
- In Utter Hopelessness and Despair..., Dr John Celes
- Alone, ,, Luo Zhihai
- Alone, , ,, Luo Zhihai
- Biyw, Swrji Basumatary
- A righteous path is a bumpy road…, Mark Heathcote