In silence the star,
Proclaimed Jesus' birth.
In silence He walked,
Thirty years on this earth.
In silence He ministered.
Marks in the sand,
In silence dispersing,
The unruly band.
In silence He entered,
In silence He stood,
Accepting love's fate.
In silence abused.
Disrobed as a slave.
In silence He rose,
Over sin and the grave.
In silence we often,
Must stand as He stood,
Receiving the evil,
Returning the good.
In silence His children,
Oft' kneel at His throne.
The cry of their hearts,
Heard by His ears alone.
Silent faith holds us fast,
Shining truth in the night.
But that silence will end,
When our faith becomes sight!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Silence by Jerry Hoffman )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(September 16, 1925 – August 22, 2011)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Bright Star, John Keats
Poem of the Day
- Paddy Murphy Is Fred Astaire, Donal Mahoney
- Forgiveness, Eugene Latumbo
- Wrapping Paper, Bows, and You, Nika McGuin
- The imperfect world, Cyrus Shaftang
- Marriage, Marlin Nightingale
- Ruins الاطلال, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Your eyes, Leong Ming Loong
- Studentship., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Knowing the Truth, Nika McGuin
- I write, Nassy Fesharaki