In silence the star,
Proclaimed Jesus' birth.
In silence He walked,
Thirty years on this earth.
In silence He ministered.
Marks in the sand,
In silence dispersing,
The unruly band.
In silence He entered,
In silence He stood,
Accepting love's fate.
In silence abused.
Disrobed as a slave.
In silence He rose,
Over sin and the grave.
In silence we often,
Must stand as He stood,
Receiving the evil,
Returning the good.
In silence His children,
Oft' kneel at His throne.
The cry of their hearts,
Heard by His ears alone.
Silent faith holds us fast,
Shining truth in the night.
But that silence will end,
When our faith becomes sight!
Jerry Hoffman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Silence by Jerry Hoffman )
- Kind Santa, lee fones
- The Farmworker, Terry Dawson
- blow up doll, lee fones
- Please Mommy, Stephen Morris Jr
- Bruce Lee, A Star Sinked in the Sea of Art, Joseph Oladehinde Ibikunle
- rude book, lee fones
- To Rise Again, Tom Zart
- Clouds of brinkmanship, Oti Egwu
- Heroes, Nassy Fesharaki
- O1O→5959→1049 신규 대전오피, O1Oa5959a1049 O1Oa5959a1049
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Clear Midnight, Walt Whitman
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)