In silence the star,
Proclaimed Jesus' birth.
In silence He walked,
Thirty years on this earth.
In silence He ministered.
Marks in the sand,
In silence dispersing,
The unruly band.
In silence He entered,
In silence He stood,
Accepting love's fate.
In silence abused.
Disrobed as a slave.
In silence He rose,
Over sin and the grave.
In silence we often,
Must stand as He stood,
Receiving the evil,
Returning the good.
In silence His children,
Oft' kneel at His throne.
The cry of their hearts,
Heard by His ears alone.
Silent faith holds us fast,
Shining truth in the night.
But that silence will end,
When our faith becomes sight!
Jerry Hoffman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Silence by Jerry Hoffman )
- Peace be unto you!, gajanan mishra
- No road sense, hasmukh amathalal
- goals II, douglas scotney
- Two Beautiful Glittering Stars, Aftab Alam
- Consoling Arms, Gerry Legister
- islamic state, douglas scotney
- Blame not the stars, gajanan mishra
- Emptyness, advija hrustic
- Lay Me Down, Myrtle Thomas
- Dessert Deluge ..... [ 'just' DESSERTS,.., Bri Edwards
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)