Ronberge (anno secundo)
Is There Any Truth in Beauty?
Is there any truth in Beauty?
What of the lies beauty tells thee?
Could my beauty not be as worthy
As I make thy Beauty part of me?
Such is Beauty as to make one's sight loud.
This beauty that veils our sense in a shroud.
beauty: that which deters seeing the person.
Does Beauty not conceal what is and isn't?
Yet merciless time holds beauty as a hostage,
Defiles Beauty and scars it with lasting ravage.
Thus the years that pass send Beauty to its resting-place
For vain beauty will yield, to woefully fall from grace.
If beauty should ever lament on age's cruelty,
Let not Beauty forget how little it has wept for me.
Ronberge (anno secundo)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Is There Any Truth in Beauty? by Ronberge (anno secundo) )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- *My confused mood, C. P. Sharma
- Dear! i Still Love You, Rimni chakravarty
- To vacuum, SALINI NAIR
- Concept's Thresholds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- *Scent of Love, C. P. Sharma
- *Flowers' Sacrifice, C. P. Sharma
- Biker Days .... [MOTORCYCLE riding; VER.., Bri Edwards
- Beloved Hourglass, Elizabeth Shield
- August Fires, Dee Corpolongo
- Walking down the last lane!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL