Journey Of A River
River plea to us,
'Please let me flow',
'Why do you meddle',
'And make me slow'.
'What do you think',
'It is the water',
'Which fills my bed! '
'No it is the tears that I shed'.
'All know my life is short',
'From mountain top to sea',
'But look during my journey',
'What you (all) do to me! '
Ankur Thakur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
but later on changed it for all rivers.
Everyone of them has a poor journey amongst human civilisation.
Comments about this poem (Journey Of A River by Ankur Thakur )
- Imprisonment, Curtis Brown
- Love's the Star, Sandra Feldman
- Remember me, Curtis Brown
- Strongest of them all, Priscilla Rose
- I regret that night in Vegas, but I don'.., Mandolyn ...
- The call to shine, Adele Bercich
- MIRROR MIRROR, shannon strauss
- The Time of Nectar, Pintu Mahakul
- MIKE WASN'T HAPPY, shannon strauss
- Read all the narratives, Mark Heathcote