I Said To The Wanting-Creature Inside Me
I said to the wanting-creature inside me:
What is this river you want to cross?
There are no travelers on the river-road, and no road.
Do you see anyone moving about on that bank, or nesting?
There is no river at all, and no boat, and no boatman.
There is no tow rope either, and no one to pull it.
There is no ground, no sky, no time, no bank, no ford!
And there is no body, and no mind!
Do you believe there is some place that will make the
soul less thirsty?
In that great absence you will find nothing.
Be strong then, and enter into your own body;
there you have a solid place for your feet.
Think about it carefully!
Don't go off somewhere else!
Kabir says this: just throw away all thoughts of
and stand firm in that which you are.
Kabir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Said To The Wanting-Creature Inside Me by Kabir )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Live with this moment, gajanan mishra
- The loss may be, hasmukh amathalal
- Stay free from desires, gajanan mishra
- G O P....Profiling - The Black Republican, James B. Earley
- Destroy not, gajanan mishra
- I Have Friends, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Leave It As That, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Love & Light, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Ill winds, gajanan mishra
- समनि नायथाय- 06, Ronjoy Brahma