KANE & ABEL
What went down between Abel and Kane,
I cannot explain,
Neither can I understand the pain,
Of living knowing that by his hand his brother was slain,
But did Kane know that man could die?
If he did then how and why?
Since no man had ever died before,
Yet still if he did, I really need to know,
Would he have done the same,
I mean have the first homicide to his name?
Maybe my reasoning is lame,
But maybe his lack of knowledge,
Pushed him over the edge,
And had him act in jealousy rage and hate…
Did he know for one moment think of his own fate?
Did he count on God’s reaction,
To be the consequence of his action?
Without prejudice I ask which is worse:
To be the first man to die, or:
To be the first man to receive God’s Curse.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (KANE & ABEL by Barak Al'Mondia )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A prayer to my Pagli..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Swabby Ship Shanty, Samantha Pearson
- In Praise of Nobility (Sixteen), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- In Praise of Nobility (Fifteen), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- Hope, Olugbuyi Stephen Gbolly
- I trace you on the coffee table, Mandolyn Davidson
- On Line Poet's Friendship, Om Chawla
- गोरबोनि सानस्रि, Ronjoy Brahma
- Symphony Of The Sea, Saiom Shriver
- Prime Truth - 30, Pranab K. Chakraborty