KANE & ABEL
What went down between Abel and Kane,
I cannot explain,
Neither can I understand the pain,
Of living knowing that by his hand his brother was slain,
But did Kane know that man could die?
If he did then how and why?
Since no man had ever died before,
Yet still if he did, I really need to know,
Would he have done the same,
I mean have the first homicide to his name?
Maybe my reasoning is lame,
But maybe his lack of knowledge,
Pushed him over the edge,
And had him act in jealousy rage and hate…
Did he know for one moment think of his own fate?
Did he count on God’s reaction,
To be the consequence of his action?
Without prejudice I ask which is worse:
To be the first man to die, or:
To be the first man to receive God’s Curse.
Barak Al'Mondia's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (KANE & ABEL by Barak Al'Mondia )
- What they say!, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Blue, david kush
- A Few Autumn Notes Late October 2014, Daniel Brick
- Ficticious, Nicholas Nikolov
- Love Is Weak, Tony Adah
- Behind the rock of suicide خلف صخرة الان.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The All-knowing God, Dr John Celes
- if i were a day, i'd say, Mandolyn ...
- In bed, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The real moments of truth anytime لحظات .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)