The rains and winter days, repeat her words
that verses lit and their lone truths perceived,
her distant wraith my stranger's heart aggrieved
- unspoken words percussed on festal chords.
When at nocturnal hours the shadows link,
- that lonely woman's undefined night song,
red wine - divine her splendor before dawn,
her spread to highs, tall sails egress to sink.
Sea waves convey to ports two dancing forms
where tears and laughs subside in darkness real,
her soul that gallivants love wounds to heal,
rain priestess' dance, her lonesomeness in storms.
With colored ribbons fly to highs and bold,
she offers red wine toasts where sorrows fade,
she glimmers laughs the timely wrongs to trade,
with crimson spills that mountain mists enfold.
Giorgio Venetopoulos's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Lonely woman by Giorgio Venetopoulos )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- If I were a pet, Nassy Fesharaki
- Comforts in the dark, Mark Heathcote
- Million Billion Dollar Elite Divorce Cou.., Terence G. Craddock
- Prophet, Nassy Fesharaki
- Think of no dark, hasmukh amathalal
- Paper and Scissors, Kevin Patrick
- Feel equally, hasmukh amathalal
- Long time friend, Angel A. Lockwood
- Slaves Into A New World Order, Terence G. Craddock
- Magritte and This Morning Bewick's Wren, W.M. Rivera