What do you see?
I see a girl who
Doesn't look like me.
Her lips that once smiled
Are now a frown,
And her hair is tangled
and matted down.
Her face is wet with
Sweat and blood,
the porcelain white
now mixed with mud.
I remember the eyes
She used to have,
Full of life,
And not so sad.
The emerald green
Has lost its hue,
And fades more and more
As she looks into you.
Where has she gone?
She left her soul
There on the lawn.
She trusted the man
That held her so dear,
And when she screamed
No one could hear.
He took her innocence
With full force,
And when he was done
He felt no remorse.
Will she ever be found,
Or will her soul be forever
One with the ground?
Jhakii Lempert's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Looking Glass by Jhakii Lempert )
- Haiku- Anchor, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Luna Plena, Mihaela Pirjol
- I Sink Inside You, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Buddy, Francie Lynch
- Love (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- some thing about you, akash mazumdar
- Shanghai breeze (I), Cigeng Zhang
- thinkings, akash mazumdar
- Momentous Days, Francie Lynch
- Haiku- Riddle, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)