Queen of the downtown scene
Is making loads of dosh, of green,
Of paperbacks, you feeling me?
She's ready to flee, she's ready to leave.
If the urban princess thinks you're cool,
You're in, you've made it, you're no longer
A fool who struggles for every compliment.
Under her rule, if you're in, you're golden.
The street youth duchess is sick of the
Hypocrisy that runs rampant in her streets.
Pick a side, pick a flavor, pick a ride
And make that paper.
Madame Hoodrat is the ultimate boss
Living a flossy life, a luxurious toss
Of the dice of fate who will make the call
And end the story once and for all.
Shailyn Sooter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mademoiselle Hoodrat by Shailyn Sooter )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- With hosttile, hasmukh amathalal
- The alluring juxtaposition of class, bea.., Stanley Collymore
- Εntity, Elena Ioannou
- Resent therefore, hasmukh amathalal
- Colour, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- Not feasible, hasmukh amathalal
- The heart, Leong Ming Loong
- Not shy away, hasmukh amathalal
- Time, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- who, Cee Bea