Queen of the downtown scene
Is making loads of dosh, of green,
Of paperbacks, you feeling me?
She's ready to flee, she's ready to leave.
If the urban princess thinks you're cool,
You're in, you've made it, you're no longer
A fool who struggles for every compliment.
Under her rule, if you're in, you're golden.
The street youth duchess is sick of the
Hypocrisy that runs rampant in her streets.
Pick a side, pick a flavor, pick a ride
And make that paper.
Madame Hoodrat is the ultimate boss
Living a flossy life, a luxurious toss
Of the dice of fate who will make the call
And end the story once and for all.
Shailyn Sooter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mademoiselle Hoodrat by Shailyn Sooter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Of One Thing, Edward Kofi Louis
- Instagram'd, Michael Mira
- Suzette, Edward Kofi Louis
- Magdalene, Chromium Blues
- White Butterfly, Edward Kofi Louis
- Victim, Teedy Dawn
- House, mouse!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Sudibyo, Edward Kofi Louis
- A Sound Advice, Edward Kofi Louis
- A WOMAN OF NO FREEDOM FOR CONSCIENCE, alexander opicho