Queen of the downtown scene
Is making loads of dosh, of green,
Of paperbacks, you feeling me?
She's ready to flee, she's ready to leave.
If the urban princess thinks you're cool,
You're in, you've made it, you're no longer
A fool who struggles for every compliment.
Under her rule, if you're in, you're golden.
The street youth duchess is sick of the
Hypocrisy that runs rampant in her streets.
Pick a side, pick a flavor, pick a ride
And make that paper.
Madame Hoodrat is the ultimate boss
Living a flossy life, a luxurious toss
Of the dice of fate who will make the call
And end the story once and for all.
Shailyn Sooter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mademoiselle Hoodrat by Shailyn Sooter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Art of Praying, Dr John Celes
- Auto-Abuse, No Charge, not $7.11 @ 7-11 .., LUVinThe NOW
- we won't even have the circus, Mandolyn Davidson
- doing donuts in the mojave desert, Mandolyn Davidson
- 'Thank You Trees', Christina Sunrise
- gurudarsanam-indian thought, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Ok so my my girlfiend is a nymphpomaniac, cristobal Benjumea
- Your Shot, Your Time, Maverick Jones
- Our Very Limited Time, Jeff Gangwer
- High-octane Lovers, Simon Quperlier