They hail you as their morning star
Because you are the way you are.
If you return the sentiment,
They'll try to make you different;
And once they have you, safe and sound,
They want to change you all around.
Your moods and ways they put a curse on;
They'd make of you another person.
They cannot let you go your gait;
They influence and educate.
They'd alter all that they admired.
They make me sick, they make me tired.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Men by Dorothy Parker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Do You Think? (Are You Only Gifted & Tal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bereaved, Susmit Panda
- True love, Einar Johan Wetaas
- Incredible Semi-final of 2014 FIFA World.., rajendran muthiah
- Roller Coaster, Jeffrey Lee
- A Late Night Dream, Jeffrey Lee
- Leaving The Campus, Think of I Taking To.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Suicide Note, Kathy Liu
- When Your Dark Shadows, Susmit Panda
- Ballade of the hours of darkness, Gert Strydom