spectacle was fleeting,
moments shadowed our narrative,
Seeking the kindness of an original.
I-happiness-junkie squeezed verve;
Plunging into a flash
I spent stunning memories,
We were once remarkable,
Touching an agile earth
In the serene of a shared imagination;
We were together, not one.
I spelled out hesitation on her womb,
And swam lackluster love, crying.
We still lay awake, forgiven yet lost.
Strange, drunk and potent,
It was all written on our sands:
This heart is a universe that grows
r e l e n t l e s s
Ilham Ahmed's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Maya by Ilham Ahmed )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sonnet: Has the End Come?, Dr John Celes
- Time Is The Distance, Kyle Schlicher
- What is Performance, G.C. Waldrep
- What is a Soprano, G.C. Waldrep
- What Begins Bitterly Becomes Another Lov.., G.C. Waldrep
- White Noise, Kyle Schlicher
- Canticle for the Second Sunday in Lent, G.C. Waldrep
- The Little Man In The Fire Hates Me, G.C. Waldrep
- The Night Autopsy, G.C. Waldrep
- Many Of Us Identify With Animals, G.C. Waldrep