Mother Earth, My tears fall for Thee
our mother earth is being tortured, abused and torn apart
by people who could care less, i feel they have no heart!
a dry and barren wasteland, truly someday our planet shall be
goodbye flowers, and goodbye trees, goodbye waters of the sea!
day by day and hour by hour, mother earth is slowly dying,
it's the burning of fossil fuels, it's the monster fracking!
if that's not enough, think about this, deforestation,
and a throw away society, making war with every nation!
you cold and heartless humans, watch her gasp for breath!
will you be pleased to see her meet an unfortunate death?
will you be satisfied with no grains, fruits, or vegetables?
will you be delighted with no water to quench your thirst?
like a child not satisfied, until he takes apart his toy,
will you at last be happy, and filled with exuberant joy?
she is not well, can you feel her tremble, and feel her quake?
open your eyes, is there a rainfall to replenish the lake?
she is alive, and not a piece of stone, she is all we have,
and if you think she shall die alone, you must think again!
when the scientists, you know the ones with a master's degree
says not anyone of us can survive on planets x y or z
then we must open our eyes to see, she is truly our mother
show her some respect, cause we shall not have another!
yes, she provides us with food, clean water, and fresh air
all of us are children of the earth, for us she does care!
if you can't play nice, and be grateful for what she gives,
pack your bags, and ride the next spaceship out of here!
Rachel Nichols's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Mother Earth, My tears fall for Thee by Rachel Nichols )
Did you read them?
- Vieze oren, Schone ogen, Madrason writer
- The Purple Lady., Achill Ladd
- My World, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Just Write It, Mark R. Elias
- A PHOTOGRAPH OF MYSELF AT AGE TEN, TAKEN.., NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Dainty Little Poem, Mark R. Elias
- 1959, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- TRANSIENT, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- எப்பொழுதும்!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Peddle Witches, Lilly Emery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(c. 600 BCE)