MY CRACKLE OF LAUGHTER
What's that for?
My big crackle of laughter
That comes from an idle chatter
Over wine and vain comment
By elites bereft and indolent.
What's there to laugh about
In this hunger, misery and poverty?
This injustice and moral laxity
When trail behind Nations
And live in morbid dispensations.
Let us gird our lions
Heed the call for a common battle
Our Nation's ills to tackle,
Kindle the fire of patriotism
To break the spine of impreialism.
Let us prove our mettle
We are study enough to toil
For ourselves on our own soil,
Lets wear our sweat like beads
And strive to achieve great feats.
There is joy in laughter
Spiced into our life of labors
In true love with our neighbors,
But lets build our Nation strong
And prove our detractors wrong.
Until this task is done
And we are a Nation among others
To stir the cause of humanity together,
This crackle of laughter
Is a hollow clatter.
influence salubi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MY CRACKLE OF LAUGHTER by influence salubi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- True Love, Robert Penn Warren
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
Poem of the Day
- Italian Birthday Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God's Most Published Poet, Tom Zart
- Fruitless love, Nero CaroZiv
- Misunderstood, Madrason writer
- Do what father says, Madrason writer
- Placid Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Verzetsstrijders, Madrason writer
- Weke vaders, Madrason writer
- Disconnected, Madrason writer
- From what tall lie am I, Madrason writer