No Excuse to Booze
Dear son Bruce,
Let us cruise to Syracuse
where a bunch of prodigal youth
with wealth profuse
decided to choose
blood and booze
with no clues
that when blood oozed
they stepped right into criminal shoes
and the law accepted no excuse
to set them loose.
This poor bunch of Syracuse!
Kid, do party but do not booze
because when you booze
you tend to produce verbal abuse
and set yourself footloose.
So let us call it a truce
with hope that you'll ne'er confuse
ecstasy with booze.
God bless your daily nous,
Your loving grandfather,
Ratan ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Excuse to Booze by Ratan ... )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Corrective body for peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- आं थाबायो सिगांजोँ, Ronjoy Brahma
- ~Red Lights~, E Nigma
- I Am Happy To Walk Home Alone Slowly, Shalom Freedman
- Why Can't I Sleep, rty rty
- जेब्ला आं जिरायना थायो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Once Upon A Time, Matthias Pantaleon
- Public opinion on peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- BEWILDERED CONFUSED, Michael P. Johnson
- love as a natural disaster that can't be.., Hyeladai kwapaya