Oh Monalisa! Your beguiling smile,
with a radiance that pervades across a mile.
Breaking all barriers, defying time and tide,
adoring gazes upon you from places, far and wide.
Adorning many a kings abode,
that you have come to dwell,
driving people to larceny,
such strong is your spell,
Connoisseurs of art, driven to bitter strife,
whether a bohemian or a devout wife.
So surreal, so arcane, one painter’s pride,
or his own likeness, infused with colors of life.
Aura transcending centuries, surpassing generation
still you enthrall, never cease to beckon.
Thousand unspoken words,
behind an enigmatic smile,
immortalized in a portrait never to be defiled.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Oh Monalisa by Akshaya Pawasker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- No number, gajanan mishra
- We Are Tourist, Aftab Alam
- Two Baldy Ladies, Neela Nath
- The Painter Rearranges the Mirrors (1415), Cole Swensen
- OUR STREETS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Evolution of the Garden, Cole Swensen
- Dr Dalek, Stratis Havarti
- No legal bar, gajanan mishra
- Make believe, hasmukh amathalal
- Informed World, Tirupathi Chandrupatla