(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
You Are The Pain and The Joy
You are the Pain and the joy
on the stage of life.
You are the pain hunger and the joy
of food on ones table.
You are the pain of the homeless,
and the joy, of the home,
in His heart.
You are the pain on a bitter,
winter day and the joy, in
the warmth of the sun.
You are the pain and joy, in the
solitude, of those moments alone.
You are the pain and joy, that
lingers in ones heart.
You are the pain in music that is bad,
and you are the joy, in my song
You are the pain, in the tragedies
of the world, and the joy in the
goodness of people.
You are the pain of the orphans of
the street, and the joy, in a
You are the pain, in a sometime unjust
world, and the joy in the spirit
of ones heart.
You are the pain, in the loss of
loved ones, and the joy, when they
are seated at His table.
You are the pain of self destructive
addiction and the joy in redemption.
You are the pain, in the sicknesses of
this world, and the joy in the
hope of recovery.
You are the pain in the misery of the poor,
and disenfranchise, and the joy, in
the parts of society, that attempts to,
raise them up.
You are the pain and you are the joy,
in all things. For you see, in life, there
can not be joy...unless there is pain.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pain...and...Joy by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(3 June 1926 – 5 April 1997)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Innate Supply Of Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mystical Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fighting, Dark Guardian
- I Like My Lips Against Yours, Is It Poetry
- Sound Of India, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Best Test, John Shea
- peace in the battle field..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Refueling My Soul, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God I'll Bake For You, Mr. Nobody
- Exploitation, Akhtar Jawad