Pain is Beauty...
Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who's the fairest of them all?
Just as normal the mirror replied,
'You are most beautiful,
It shall not be denied.'
But shallow was that mirror so,
It watched her ego grow and grow.
'Till one day that mirror grew bored
And told her the truth,
But seeked no reward.
The lies she was told for all those years
Stabbed through her heart,
But she still shed no tears...
Out of anger and rage she threw that mirror down
She shattered its glass,
But her pain did not drown.
So the maiden picked up part of that poor mirrors remains
And cut through her skin,
But she still felt the pain.
So searched and searched to find some rope,
That fair maiden was lost, without any hope...
If only that mirror had never lied,
They both would be here,
They never would have died...
So in the end it couldn't be clearer,
To never trust what you see in the mirror...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pain is Beauty... by Carmen Roebuck )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(25 July 1956)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Thanks for Remembering Us, Dana Gioia
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- Gratefulness, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- Sonnet: The Awesome Creator, Dr John Celes
- Sashay, Cee Bea
- Snakes are snakes always, gajanan mishra
- Sonnets Uncorseted, Maxine Kumin
- Sky, mina lotfi
- Where are my children, gajanan mishra
- Winter Festival Chant, Luo Zhihai
- A Humble Heroine, Max Plowman
- Dear Amy Nehzooukammyatootill, Aimee Nezhukumatathil
- I fear a foolish, gajanan mishra