Pain is Beauty...
Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who's the fairest of them all?
Just as normal the mirror replied,
'You are most beautiful,
It shall not be denied.'
But shallow was that mirror so,
It watched her ego grow and grow.
'Till one day that mirror grew bored
And told her the truth,
But seeked no reward.
The lies she was told for all those years
Stabbed through her heart,
But she still shed no tears...
Out of anger and rage she threw that mirror down
She shattered its glass,
But her pain did not drown.
So the maiden picked up part of that poor mirrors remains
And cut through her skin,
But she still felt the pain.
So searched and searched to find some rope,
That fair maiden was lost, without any hope...
If only that mirror had never lied,
They both would be here,
They never would have died...
So in the end it couldn't be clearer,
To never trust what you see in the mirror...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pain is Beauty... by Carmen Roebuck )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- For The Love Of God, Joseph Walden
- Goblin Sage, Alexander Onoja
- By the broken bridge, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Ratri, Mishka Allport
- Moon! Oh Moon!, Somanathan Iyer
- A Tale of Two Eateries, GEORGE AMADI
- THEY PASSED AWAY CALMLY رحلوا بهدوء, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A World, Just Within Reach, Doug Blair
- Enter Mario Gotze, GEORGE AMADI
- समनि नायथाय- 08, Ronjoy Brahma