Pain is Beauty...
Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who's the fairest of them all?
Just as normal the mirror replied,
'You are most beautiful,
It shall not be denied.'
But shallow was that mirror so,
It watched her ego grow and grow.
'Till one day that mirror grew bored
And told her the truth,
But seeked no reward.
The lies she was told for all those years
Stabbed through her heart,
But she still shed no tears...
Out of anger and rage she threw that mirror down
She shattered its glass,
But her pain did not drown.
So the maiden picked up part of that poor mirrors remains
And cut through her skin,
But she still felt the pain.
So searched and searched to find some rope,
That fair maiden was lost, without any hope...
If only that mirror had never lied,
They both would be here,
They never would have died...
So in the end it couldn't be clearer,
To never trust what you see in the mirror...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pain is Beauty... by Carmen Roebuck )
- Shadow of Death, Tosin Abegunde
- Graceful ghost rag, Peter Jay Shippy
- The State-Progress Of Ill, Lord Edward Herbert of Cherb ..
- On the perilous effects of buried alien .., Peter Jay Shippy
- To Heal a Weakling Child, Peter Jay Shippy
- Reading Rilke's Sonnets to Children, Peter Jay Shippy
- Sonnet on the Author's Birthday, Robert Burns
- Promises, Ahmed Tawfik
- Lost, Ahmed Tawfik
- Egghead, Peter Jay Shippy
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)