You're a poet
but not of the spoken word.
You can show every part
of yourself to me.
I will never cower
under the things I know.
You're so fucking deep
you think I might drown,
but I've learned to swim
by being tossed into deep water.
Let me come into your world
of lyrical pain
and help show you how
to swim again.
Nick Downer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poet by Nick Downer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Midnight's Rain, Khairul Ahsan
- Seamless Transition, Doug Blair
- To Be Continued, Vincent Topp
- Church Woman (Saint in Progress), Doug Blair
- Invisible Monster, Dan Walker
- Dead Veg, Richard Lee
- House of Cards, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Flying Turtles, Richard Lee
- The Guaca-mole, Richard Lee
- Pop goes the Easel, Richard Lee