You're a poet
but not of the spoken word.
You can show every part
of yourself to me.
I will never cower
under the things I know.
You're so fucking deep
you think I might drown,
but I've learned to swim
by being tossed into deep water.
Let me come into your world
of lyrical pain
and help show you how
to swim again.
Nick Downer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poet by Nick Downer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Invasion Of Content, John Garth Raubenheimer
- Song to Mother Mary, Dr John Celes
- Butterflies, Casey Renee Kiser
- 'M', Quenten McClellan
- No Such Thing as Safe Sex, A.j. Binash
- i wonder what it smells like in your head, Mandolyn Davidson
- Hager Twin Jim & LEG-SHAVING MANIACS, Richard Thripp
- my pen bleedeth out for you, Mandolyn Davidson
- 'Leta', Quenten McClellan
- My Anguish Heart, Lilly Emery