They want to send more pronghorns southeast,
to the San Rafael valley and Elgin, Arizona;
whether the general public likes it or not,
you can't stop progress and your not gonna.
Forget the cries of outrage in the atmosphere,
the pronghorns have no say so in this matter;
wolves were let loose in the White Mountains,
who cares if the antelope's world we shatter?
Who cares if the last mountain lion dies,
and other species are disappearing fast?
we are civilized human beings before all,
will we, the homo-sapiens truly last?
We destroy the animals that once ran free,
we cut down the trees that give us air;
and voices that ring out to protest,
are silenced by ones that do not care.
Are we aware, that we too, face extinction?
by dismal, constant stress of nuclear war?
can't we be good guardians of the earth?
else, what do people of this world stand for?
David Lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Relocation. by David Lessard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Question of the Metaphysical Squirrel, Eugene Levich
- She Met Three Interesting People In The .., Toshie Nohara
- Aketay Imetay, D.L. Aceves
- Celestial Musings, Chris Running Bear
- Fairy Tale Of Magical Worlds, Chris Running Bear
- At my door, hasmukh amathalal
- Imagination but real, Mashiur Rahman
- I cant see you but I know you there, yolandey breedt
- Like an old-fashioned tradition, Kamini Arichandran
- Where are we?, Pintu Mahakul