They want to send more pronghorns southeast,
to the San Rafael valley and Elgin, Arizona;
whether the general public likes it or not,
you can't stop progress and your not gonna.
Forget the cries of outrage in the atmosphere,
the pronghorns have no say so in this matter;
wolves were let loose in the White Mountains,
who cares if the antelope's world we shatter?
Who cares if the last mountain lion dies,
and other species are disappearing fast?
we are civilized human beings before all,
will we, the homo-sapiens truly last?
We destroy the animals that once ran free,
we cut down the trees that give us air;
and voices that ring out to protest,
are silenced by ones that do not care.
Are we aware, that we too, face extinction?
by dismal, constant stress of nuclear war?
can't we be good guardians of the earth?
else, what do people of this world stand for?
David Lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Relocation. by David Lessard )
- Flooding In Kaschmir, Leslie Philibert
- Wild mentality, hasmukh amathalal
- Like A River, Edward Kofi Louis
- National University, Edward Kofi Louis
- May We All Find What We're Looking For S.., Daniel Karbon
- Your love has made me wild and mad, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
- Tree of life, Veronica Centeno
- Gil Scott Heron, Daniel Karbon
- Headache, Daniel Karbon
- Seeds, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson