Giorgio A. V.
Among the stars she searched for one
to be her friend on distant dome;
her thoughts to lay and whispered gnome,
her childhood tales and scopes undone.
Among the million bright sparkles,
she chose one that kindly signaled,
her lone thoughts to him syllabled
mind's endless lines and traced circles.
And in the endless astral fire
she saw his friendly blink to smile
similitude of a Greek isle,
it was the sparkling of sapphire.
A song ascends from the pine woods
to meet the smiling star of blue
and is their solitude untrue,
unsolved of questions understood.
And then she slept on distant fare,
along the bless of blue sapphire,
the tunes of a Greek ancient lyre,
accompanied their dreams in air.
And while she slept the sapphire weaved
blankets of light she softly held
the lyre star song dreaming she spelled,
and then for nothing else she grieved.
Giorgio A. V.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sapphire star by Giorgio A. V. )
- Feast in candlelight, Fadhil Al Azzawi
- Countryside Today, Sentamu Aziz
- When the sky still had no name, Fadhil Al Azzawi
- Golden Sacrifice, Kwai Chee Low
- Inside a black hole, Fadhil Al Azzawi
- 2 October 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Elegy Number Six, Nouri al Jarrah
- Elegy Number Three, Nouri al Jarrah
- looking, llinda bevan
- Elegy Number Two, Nouri al Jarrah
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- First Day at School, Roger McGough
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)