Among the stars she searched for one
to be her friend on distant dome;
her thoughts to lay and whispered gnome,
her childhood tales and scopes undone.
Among the million bright sparkles,
she chose one that kindly signaled,
her lone thoughts to him syllabled
mind's endless lines and traced circles.
And in the endless astral fire
she saw his friendly blink to smile
similitude of a Greek isle,
it was the sparkling of sapphire.
A song ascends from the pine woods
to meet the smiling star of blue
and is their solitude untrue,
unsolved of questions understood.
And then she slept on distant fare,
along the bless of blue sapphire,
the tunes of a Greek ancient lyre,
accompanied their dreams in air.
And while she slept the sapphire weaved
blankets of light she softly held
the lyre star song dreaming she spelled,
and then for nothing else she grieved.
Giorgio Venetopoulos's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sapphire star by Giorgio Venetopoulos )
- To London's Clock, Naveed Khalid
- Love even, hasmukh amathalal
- Eternity I, Naveed Khalid
- The Reign of Life, Patrick Czyz
- On The Rosy Cross, Naveed Khalid
- Survival, Patrick Czyz
- Title Of A Poem, Naveed Khalid
- मेरे रब मेरे ही होना!, Aftab Alam
- On Valentine, Naveed Khalid
- The Ghost and the Darkness, Ima Ryma