Scale of Life
As I sat cross-legged, on my rickety bed,
Waiting for my phone to ring your call,
And when it finally did, and you hasted
Away to hide your tears, voice choked;
My head strayed into this pointless thought.
What is weighed on the scale of life?
Are they virtues on one, vices opposite,
Or is it held up by invisible angels?
Blindfolded and unbiased, weighing truths
So flimsy against wrought-iron lies?
But isn't it joy against sorrow?
Each smile that we brought about,
Against each drop of tear we drew?
But why do we humans tend to let
A sea grow from all our tears?
Why not the smiles from memories of forgotten
Kisses and hugs? Oh humans! Sad creatures!
How much would it take to mop
Drop after regretful drop of sorrow?
How long would it go until
Upon the burnished plates of life,
Laughter, innocent laughter, replace
The mighty burden of all negatives?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Scale of Life by Sajesh Vijayan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Abominable, Edward Kofi Louis
- Kicking The Down And Out, Terence G. Craddock
- Wau Bulan Wau Bintang, Ismim Putera
- A Planet Of The Step-Mother, Muhammad Shanazar
- A Message Of Peace, Muhammad Shanazar
- Innocence, Muhammad Shanazar
- To Unite All, Edward Kofi Louis
- A Chaste Woman's Death, Nalini Chaturvedi
- NATURE OF CLOUDS, alexander opicho
- You are, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken