Dear love, you are a snow-girt swan who glides
Along the pearly traces of a lake
For in your breast, unearthly grace resides:
A power, like morn’s bud, wide and awake.
You are a nymph who rests within the ebb
Of some cool stream, whose smile traces stars.
Dear love, within your beauty’s twining web,
I have been tangled. Your bright crest unbars
With fairest summer weather and spring nights,
And autumn afternoons, stowed with the dreams,
Of golden evenings, and of winter sprites
Which wend around the forests, wrapped in beams.
Dear love, your heart’s as soft as flakes of snow
That dot the mountains and the moors. Fresh dew
Which drips across the flower’s golden brow
Is all the gentleness that makes you, you.
Have we ne’er met before, maid of the lea,
Where gleaming, murm’rous brooks all gently moan,
What would have isolation left of me?
If not for you, I would have died alone.
© 2014 Gleb Zavlanov
Gleb Zavlanov's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Serenade by Gleb Zavlanov )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Mother's Bond, Valentine Mbagu
- Beautiful Nubian Goddess, Lore Me34
- Hind haiku (26-30), S.D. TIWARI
- Empathizing With Their Grievances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Almost timeless, Gert Strydom
- #obamanation, A.j. Binash
- She broke in to me, Gert Strydom
- Fettered Birds By Bijay Kant Dubey, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards