Sleep Now and Forever
My eyelids want to go down
I want to sleep safe and sound
Away from you is what I need
Your hate's a different breed
I am so deep
in my sleep
I cannot feel the pain
That is good
on my account
you are too insane
Mad with power
you hit and strike
the pain comes rushing in
Then the tears
come rushing down you've commited a sin
You cuss and swear
I hide in fear
wanting to escape
The metal cage
you've kept me in
are about to break
But for now I'll go to sleep...for now and forever.
This wasn't supposed to be my happy ending.
As Death and Decay sing in choras.
I'm flying with them on black horses, into the dead night.
And with my old life behind me in flight.
My body is sleeping now and forever...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sleep Now and Forever by Desiree Bradford )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sheer Columns, Lisa Williams
- Report Of A Journey, Abraham Sutzkever
- Signs, Abraham Sutzkever
- Falling Water, Abraham Sutzkever
- My Armor, Abraham Sutzkever
- Barefoot, Abraham Sutzkever
- To an Exterminator, Lisa Williams
- Branch With Last Cherries, Abraham Sutzkever
- Brooding Eels, Lisa Williams
- Land Of My Children, Abraham Sutzkever