Sleep Now and Forever
My eyelids want to go down
I want to sleep safe and sound
Away from you is what I need
Your hate's a different breed
I am so deep
in my sleep
I cannot feel the pain
That is good
on my account
you are too insane
Mad with power
you hit and strike
the pain comes rushing in
Then the tears
come rushing down you've commited a sin
You cuss and swear
I hide in fear
wanting to escape
The metal cage
you've kept me in
are about to break
But for now I'll go to sleep...for now and forever.
This wasn't supposed to be my happy ending.
As Death and Decay sing in choras.
I'm flying with them on black horses, into the dead night.
And with my old life behind me in flight.
My body is sleeping now and forever...
Desiree Bradford's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sleep Now and Forever by Desiree Bradford )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- When You Are Old, William Butler Yeats
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)