Ronberge (anno secundo)
sonnet Was There No Truth to Your Beauty? a poem about beauty beauty beauty beauty beauty
Was there no truth to your beauty?
What of the lies your beauty told me?
Was your beauty all that there was to see?
Did I not make your beauty part of me?
Your beauty that shone like a beacon in a crowd!
Your beauty that veiled my senses in a shroud!
Your beauty, which deterred seeing your person?
Was your beauty not more… a gilded prison?
But time unyielding holds your beauty as hostage,
It acts on your beauty, displaying its ravage.
Your beauty so idly fears that it may lose its face.
Each passing year sends your beauty to its resting place.
Should you once beg of age to have mercy on your beauty,
Just recall what little mercy your beauty had on me.
Ronberge (anno secundo)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (sonnet Was There No Truth to Your Beauty? a poem about beauty beauty beauty beauty beauty by Ronberge (anno secundo) )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- par, Abdullah alHemaidy
- The Wind Has Caught The Tattered Rainbow.., mary douglas
- Budding Artists In a Tempera Grove Play .., mary douglas
- What the hell, Nassy Fesharaki
- Chair, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- See if I care, Mark Heathcote
- Wishes Granted, Bill Cantrell
- Killer instinct mind, Mark Heathcote
- Book Condition: (Fairest of the) Fair, mary douglas
- It's The Fairy Queen Out Of Sight In Pal.., mary douglas