(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
Stealing Your Joy...
Be not depressed. Depression, is the thief of happiness.
Like all thieves', he must be combated and defeated.
Like all thieves', depression must be fought with great
vigor and resolve.
Depression, the dark cloak of reason, that blocks most
rational thought and any chance of happiness.
Depression, an emotional straight jacket, confining the
depressed to an infusion of negativity and haplessness.
Depression, withdrawal of social
interaction and an elongated state of sadness.
Depression, a disease that like a
cancer, eats away at your very being.
Depression, a desperate battle between
living...and merely existing.
Depression, an enemy, that one must seek help
to do battle with.
Do not stand ideally by, for depression,
will steal your very soul.
The enemies of depression, are social interaction, happiness, love, understanding and seeking medication or help in some form. DO IT!
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stealing Your Joy... by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
- I'm not insane, Priscilla Rose
- Mystic Journey, Elizabeth Melillo
- Court of Life, Kolade Seun
- Entropic Being., John Lee Williams
- What The Tortoise Said, Tony Adah
- Forgiveness, Tiger Lily
- Stature, Nassy Fesharaki
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 6, ramesh rai
- Man Overboard, Tiffany Alexis
- The World Is Confounded, Tony Adah
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)