Your key does not fit the door.
We cannot meet anymore.
I have tried to say 'Goodbye',
but you will be the one to try
and keep this pledge as before.
The champagne stood chilled,
ready for our glasses to be filled.
The lights are turned down low
and the music playing is very slow.
This last meeting by me willed.
The coded knock on the door
signalled me to quickly pour
the glasses to half measure.
I let in my life's treasure.
Your presence fills my very core.
Our bodies hungrily entwine
fuelled by the ample wine.
Passions are riding high
as you finally say, 'Goodbye.'
I know that you will always be mine.
Suzette Richards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
are all we have
My resolve cave
Only stolen moments
Comments about this poem (Stolen Moments by Suzette Richards )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- We sit on a balcony, Gert Strydom
- Cheap Shots, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- COPLA 69 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Days When The Darkness Is Greater Than T.., Shalom Freedman
- STORM IN A TEACUP, Philo Yan
- Never take anybody, gajanan mishra
- All one, gajanan mishra
- The ignorant, gajanan mishra
- Poetry For I. H. Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- If Any Sense Is Attempted To Be Made, Lawrence S. Pertillar