I've waited all year
to hear that bell ring.
When I finally hear it,
You know I will sing...
HOORAY FOR VACATION
and GET READY FOR FUN! !
I want to do nothing
(but maybe lay in the sun.)
I want to hear crickets
and bees buzzing low.
I'll weed out my garden
and watch my plants grow.
If ever I've needed a summer to rest,
this would be the summer I needed it best.
Lylo Benant's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Summer Vacation by Lylo Benant )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Blessings, Ronald Wallace
- heart, laxami Cards
- The Facts Of Life, Ronald Wallace
- The Fat of the Land, Ronald Wallace
- Cello, Phil Soar
- In Praise of Winter, Ronald Wallace
- Traveling, Ronald Wallace
- Snow Joke, Ronald Wallace
- The Humor of the Universe, Ronald Wallace
- Literature in the 21st Century [excerpt], Ronald Wallace